About Our Practice
Providing Quality Chiropractic Care for Surfside Beach and Conway
Tour our website. You’ll find answers to many questions you may have concerning health, disorders, chiropractic, and, should you decide to become a patient, what you’ll experience on your upcoming visits.
Be sure to watch the “Getting Started” video and check out the current newsletter. You’ll find each of them very helpful and informative.
Over 30 Clinics Across South Carolina
Dr. Joe Willis, (inducted into the South Carolina chiropractic hall of fame in 2004), started Willis Chiropractic in Mullins, SC in 1959. Since then, Willis ChiroMed has grown to over 30 clinics across the state.
Locally, Willis ChiroMed has been delivering quality chiropractic care to the Grand Strand and surrounding areas since 1982. The many combined years of knowledge and experience has resulted in a sterling reputation among our colleagues and within the communities we serve – THAT’S what sets us apart from the rest.
We utilize the latest state-of-the-art Technologies
Our ongoing commitment is to help patients regain their health as quickly as possible using the latest, state-of-the-art, treatment technologies. Our approach is simple. After uncovering the cause of our patients’ health concerns through thorough examination and diagnostic services, we educate our patients about their conditions and offer three levels of care:
1. Relief Care
When many people seek care in our offices they have one goal: relief. So that’s where we start! During this initial stage of care, we offer several treatments:
- Conservative, pain-free chiropractic adjustments to improve motion and function
- Physical therapy modalities to reduce pain, swelling, and spasm
- Braces, belts, and other appliances to support injured areas
- Home care instructions to speed recovery and prevent re-injury
2. Rehabilitative Care
While relief often occurs quickly with good chiropractic care, correction or stabilization of the underlying cause of the pain often takes longer. During rehabilitative care, our objective is to safely return you to your daily activities. Your treatment plan during this stage of care may also include:
- Exercises to strengthen weak, injured or otherwise de-conditioned muscles
- Treatments to improve posture, balance and coordination
- Custom orthotics or other appliances to enhance postural support
- Home instructions for proper body mechanics, ergonomics, and postural control
3. Wellness Care
We desire to see our patients abandon the prevailing sickness care model of health (waiting for symptoms or disease to occur and then taking action) in favor of the emerging wellness care model that promotes prevention of injury, disease or relapse of chronic conditions. With wellness care, patients may also receive:
- Preventative, maintenance chiropractic adjustments
- Nutritional guidance, with advice regarding diet plans and supplementation
- Health instruction in exercise, weight-loss, and “healthy habits”
- Educational opportunities, such as this website
You’re the Boss
Regardless of your health goals, please understand that we see ourselves as mere servants. You’re the boss! It’s your body, your health and your future. Our job is to offer you the finest chiropractic care possible…and it’s up to you to decide how much of it you would like to enjoy.
Sound interesting? Please contact us to make an appointment.